3M™ True Definition Scanner and the trusted workflow with Straumann® CARES®, you can take advantage of an all-digital process for high-quality implant-borne and tooth-borne restorations.
The workflow jointly developed by 3M and Straumann enables a seamless interaction between the 3M™ True Definition Scanner and further processing in a Straumann CARES lab. All relevant data are transmitted fast and simply.
• SCAN AND SEND - Capture the Straumann® CARES® Mono scan body with the 3M™ True Definition Scanner. Select the Straumann® implant type, abutment and restoration material. Once your order is complete, send the digital impression to a Straumann® CARES® lab via the validated workflow.
• DESIGN AND ORDER - With the Straumann® CARES® Visual Software, dental labs use the digital impression to design and order implant-borne restorations. For implant cases, Straumann® CARES® X-STREAM™ provides a seamless process for designing the abutment and final restoration in a single design step. The model builder module allows the lab to design and order a printed SLA model with a socket for the repositionable Straumann® lab analogue.
• CENTRALIZED MILLING - The restoration design is then sent to Straumann®’s central milling facility. The facility features 4.2 and 6.7 tonne milling machines to eliminate nearly all vibration. The four or five simultaneously operating shafts ensure sharp margins and smooth surfaces. The milling centre was specifically designed to achieve the highest possible precision in the manufacture of dental restorations.
• SELECT THE MATERIAL - Straumann® employs high-speed cutting (HSC) milling technology to manufacture high-quality restorations in the validated workflow. Straumann® offers a comprehensive range of materials, including Lava™ Ultimate Restorative, allowing you to choose the appropriate restoration for every case.
• MODEL DESIGN - The Straumann® CARES® lab can order a high-precision working model from Innovation Meditech, a Dreve company. The model features a specially designed socket for the repositionable Straumann® lab analogue. The SLA model is delivered directly to your lab for final finishing of the restoration.
• DELIVERY - Using the Straumann® CARES® network, the individual components come together at your Straumann® CARES® lab for final production and finishing. The lab then delivers the final restoration in a single shipment to the dental practice.